11 AUCKLAND- COROMANDEL TAURANGA- ROTORUA- AUCKLAND
8 days 7 nights
AUCKLAND- COROMANDEL TAURANGA- ROTORUA- AUCKLAND
(8 days / 7 nights) Self Drive Only
DAY 1: ARRIVE AUCKLAND-
Welcome to ‘The City of Sails’, a land of immense and diverse landscape. Upon arrival in Auckland you will be met and greeted by our representative in the arrival hall and transferred to your hotel in a private car / Self-drive clients will pick up the rental car from the airport and drive to your hotel.
Visit Sky tower in the evening (Entrance cost included) later take a short walk to Viaduct harbour.
DAY 2: AUCKLAND – COROMANDEL
This morning, self-drive passengers enjoy your local sightseeing; Today see firsthand why Auckland is regarded as one of the best cities in the world to live in, as you enjoy this half day tour around the central city and picturesque suburbs. Journey begins with a short trip over the Harbour Bridge to the North Shore before returning to the central city to visit Queen St and the Auckland Viaduct. You will then drive along the scenic waterfront route of Tamaki Drive to the Michael Joseph Savage Memorial Park, in Mission Bay. A memorial to the first Labour Prime Minister of New Zealand and the founder of the welfare state. Michael Joseph Savage Memorial Park has panoramic views over Whenua Rangatira, Auckland city and Waitemata Harbour. This park is a popular wedding and tourist venue, with formal gardens and perfect venue for flying a fabulous array of colourful and creative kites. Then return to downtown Auckland. Highlights: Harbour Bridge, Viaduct Harbour, Queen Street, Auckland Domain, Tamaki Drive, Michael Savage Memorial.
Depart Auckland, travelling along the Seabird Coast towards the Coromandel Penninsula. You might like to stop at the Miranda Shorebird Centre or Rapaura Watergardens en route (entry not included in the tour price) before continuing through Thames and Coromandel townships. Take some time to explore the area before continuing to your accommodation to check in.
DAY 3: COROMANDEL
Renowned for its natural beauty, green pastures, misty rainforests and pristine golden beaches, is full of spectacular scenery. The Coromandel is blessed with hundreds of natural hideaways, making it an ideal place to escape A Day at leisure to visit or view from the mainland the most famous beaches in the Coromandel area today including Hot Water Beach, Hahei, and Cathedral Cove, once you reach there you are not at all far from the enjoyment if weather permits.
DAY 4: COROMANDEL - TAURANGA
After Breakfast, Enjoy your trip to Waihi Gold Mine and rest of your morning is at leisure. Spend it walking, swimming, exploring, or just relaxing . You can visit local museums or shops, gardens etc. Coromandel has many well-preserved Victorian buildings and an interesting museum. There are several good walks in the area and a railway enthusiast has created an hour-long train trip at Driving Creek.This afternoon depart from Coromandel to reach Tauranga.
DAY 5: TAURANGA - ROTORUA
The prosperous city of Tauranga sprawls along the edge of an attractive harbour.This morning is free to explore Tauranga before heading along the coast to Te Puke. Enjoy a guided tour of a kiwifruit orchard at Kiwi 360 and visit the famous Comvita Visitor’s Centre, famous for the healing properties of Manuka honey. Fabulous views of the surf coast are with you nearly all the way. Late Afternoon, Depart from Tauranga for Rotorua.
DAY 6 – ROTORUA
After breakfast at Hotel’s restaurant, today proceed to AGRODOME to witness the Agrodome Agricultural Show, where you will be entertained by New Zealand's performing sheep and other attractions. Later proceed to visit TE-PUIA thermal village known for its hot springs, geysers and boiling mud pools. Watch the Maori craftsmen and learn about the traditional arts of carving and weaving and RAINBOW SPRINGS to see the flora and fauna of New Zealand. You can enjoy this afternoon with a guided tour to world class attraction Hobbiton Movie Set.
This evening enjoy an authentic Maori Hangi (feast) and Concert. (B, D)
DAY 7: ROTORUA - WAITOMO - AUCKLAND
Return to Auckland through the lush Waikato farmlands this morning, stopping for a guided tour to world class attraction Hobbiton Movie Set and Waitomo. Travel across the rich Waikato farmland for Waitomo. The Waitomo Caves region is famous for its subterranean splendour. Beneath the surface of this ancient limestone region is a series of vast cave systems decorated with stalactites, stalagmites and glow-worms. Enjoy a guided tour of the Waitomo Caves (entry & guided tour with boat ride is included) and a boat ride through the famous Glow-Worm grotto. Enjoy twinkling lights emitting from the ceiling like stars in a dark night.
DAY 8: DEPARTURE DAY
After breakfast it’s time to say Good bye to New Zealand. SIC customers will be transferred to airport in a shared vehicle. Self-drive customers will travel their rental car, drop the car at airport branch and board your flight for onward journey (flight not included)! (B)
Package: Based on per person:-
** Above mentioned hotels will be either same or similar.
** Package is based on 02 pax travelling together on the same flight.
** Child cost / seat is NOT included in the package.
** Package is Valid for travel between 1st Oct 2017 and 31st Mar 2018.
** Package is NOT valid for New Year, Chinese New Year, Ski season, any special events in New Zealand; there will be additional surcharge applicable on the top of the package.
** Package may not be applicable if hotel require minimum number of nights for certain days (Especially for the events & New Year period).
** On Self-drive option: Clients will pick up the car on arrival from the airport, hence there will be NO assistance available.
- Optional tours / activities are not included in the package (will be on additional cost).
- Self Drive: Rental car pick up & drop off time is calculated on the basis of 24 hrs, in case of delays one day extra rental will be charged.
- Rental vehicles not drive or take the vehicle on the following roads:
(a) Ball Hutt (Mt Cook);
(b) Skippers (Queenstown);
(c) 90 mile beach (Northland)
- Hotels mentioned in the itinerary are indicative they will be subject availability at the time of booking. Same or similar hotels will be provided.
- Changes to itinerary and number of persons will require a revised quote.
- Package is NOT valid during any special event in NZ.
- Package is valid for mentioned dates only, hotels and activities will be subject to availability at the time of booking.
Rental car / Self drive:
- Client will be required to present his/her driver’s license (Indian) with driver’s photograph, Age clearly mentioned and it must be in English to the rental car company in order to claim the vehicle.
- Driver must carry a valid Credit card with enough funds(almost NZ$4,000) to pay a security bond at the time of collecting the vehicle without a valid Credit card a car can-not be hired and no refunds will be made for cancellation.
- On self drive: clients will need to carry a valid credit card with enough funds for bond (Cash bond will not be acceptable by rental car company), also need to carry valid full driving licence (should be in clear English).
- Toll, Parking and Fuel is NOT including in the cost. For additional information related to Toll please go to www.nzta.govt.nz
- Rental car Rate Includes: GST, Unlimited Kilometers, Loss Damage Waiver (Standard Basic Insurance) and NZ Road maps
- Rental car Rate Excludes: GPS, Airport fees, Comprehensive insurance, Parking, Fuel, Fines, ferry terminal pick up fee, Ferry transfer, premium location surcharge, 24 hrs roadside assistance, Toll taxes, Snow chain and One way fees if any.
V.IMP: Please visit the below website to learn about NZ driving safety rules
- Effective 01 April 2016 Cash Deposits will no longer be accepted on the rental car.