12 AUCKLAND- ROTORUA - QUEENSTOWN- GLACIER REGION - GREYMOUTH - CHRISTCHURCH
9 days 8 nights
AUCKLAND- ROTORUA - QUEENSTOWN- GLACIER REGION - GREYMOUTH – CHRISTCHURCH
(9 days / 8 nights)
Day 1 - Arrive Auckland-
Welcome to ‘The City of Sails’, a land of immense and diverse landscape. Upon arrival in Auckland you will be met and greeted by our representative in the arrival hall and transferred to your hotel in a private car / Self-drive clients will pick up the rental car from the airport and drive to your hotel.
Visit Sky tower in the evening (Entrance cost included) later take a short walk to Viaduct harbour.
Day 2 - Auckland - Waitomo - Rotorua
After breakfast at Hotel’s restaurant you will travel across the rich Waikato farmland for Waitomo. The Waitomo Caves region is famous for its subterranean splendour. Beneath the surface of this ancient limestone region is a series of vast cave systems decorated with stalactites, stalagmites and glow-worms. Enjoy a guided tour of the Waitomo Caves (entry & guided tour with boat ride is included) and a boat ride through the famous Glow-Worm grotto. Enjoy twinkling lights emitting from the ceiling like stars in a dark night. Later travel across to forest Mamaku Range to arrive at the thermal resort of Rotorua. Your journey to Rotorua will take you through a mixture of farmland, lakeland and forest (B)
Day 3 – Rotorua
After breakfast at Hotel’s restaurant, today proceed to AGRODOME to witness the Agrodome Agricultural Show, where you will be entertained by New Zealand's performing sheep and other attractions. Later proceed to visit TE-PUIA thermal village known for its hot springs, geysers and boiling mud pools. Watch the Maori craftsmen and learn about the traditional arts of carving and weaving and RAINBOW SPRINGS to see the flora and fauna of New Zealand. You can enjoy this afternoon with a guided tour to world class attraction Hobbiton Movie Set.
This evening enjoy an authentic Maori Hangi (feast) and Concert. (B, D)
Day 4 - Rotorua - Queenstown
Depart on your domestic flight from Rotorua to Queenstown (airfare is NOT included). (B)
Day 5 - Milford Sound
After breakfast, head towards MILFORD SOUND CRUISE (included). This famous cruise gives you an opportunity to see MITRE PEAK which is just out of the water and mile high. Go exploring with a nature guide in the tender vessels and kayaks. You may see fur seals lazing on the rocks and lots of sea birds and numerous waterfalls. Enjoy beautiful landscape with its towering mountain peaks, gushing waterfalls, ink-dark water and sheer cliffs covered in lush native rainforest. Return to Queenstown. (B)
Day 6 - Queenstown
Queenstown is a major centre for snow sports in New Zealand. It's the place to source almost any kind of adventure, including bungy, jet boating, horse trekking, rafting and river surfing. It's also a destination for luxury experiences—gourmet food and wine, spa treatments and leisurely games of golf. Optional activities not included in the tour price. (B)
Day 7 - Queenstown - Glacier Region
Depart Queenstown this morning and travel along the shores of Lakes Wanaka and Hawea to the Haast Pass. Continue up the West Coast past spectacular mountain ranges and native forests to the glacier region of Franz Josef and Fox Glaciers and you will feel the excitement and admire the beauty of Nature. For Self Drive clients, entry to the Glacier Hot Pools is included.
Day 8 - Glacier Region - Greymouth - Christchurch
Travel north to Greymouth and board the world famous Tranz Alpine train (seat in coach passengers only). Ascend through lush beech forests past the alpine village of Arthur’s Pass before crossing the spectacular Southern Alps. Travel over the fertile Canterbury Plains to arrive in the ‘garden city’ of Christchurch. (B)
Day 9 - Departure Day-
After breakfast it’s time to say Good bye to New Zealand. SIC customers will be transferred to airport in a shared vehicle. Self-drive customers will travel their rental car, drop the car at airport branch and board your flight for onward journey (flight not included)!
Package: Based on per person:-
** Above mentioned hotels will be either same or similar.
** Package is based on 02 pax travelling together on the same flight.
** Child cost / seat is NOT included in the package.
** Package is Valid for travel between 1st Oct 2017 and 31st Mar 2018.
** Package is NOT valid for New Year, Chinese New Year, Ski season, any special events in New Zealand; there will be additional surcharge applicable on the top of the package.
** Package may not be applicable if hotel require minimum number of nights for certain days (Especially for the events & New Year period).
** On Self-drive option: Clients will pick up the car on arrival from the airport, hence there will be NO assistance available.
- Optional tours / activities are not included in the package (will be on additional cost).
- Self Drive: Rental car pick up & drop off time is calculated on the basis of 24 hrs, in case of delays one day extra rental will be charged.
- Rental vehicles not drive or take the vehicle on the following roads:
(a) Ball Hutt (Mt Cook);
(b) Skippers (Queenstown);
(c) 90 mile beach (Northland)
- Hotels mentioned in the itinerary are indicative they will be subject availability at the time of booking. Same or similar hotels will be provided.
- Changes to itinerary and number of persons will require a revised quote.
- Package is NOT valid during any special event in NZ.
- Package is valid for mentioned dates only, hotels and activities will be subject to availability at the time of booking.
Rental car / Self drive:
- Client will be required to present his/her driver’s license (Indian) with driver’s photograph, Age clearly mentioned and it must be in English to the rental car company in order to claim the vehicle.
- Driver must carry a valid Credit card with enough funds(almost NZ$4,000) to pay a security bond at the time of collecting the vehicle without a valid Credit card a car can-not be hired and no refunds will be made for cancellation.
- On self drive: clients will need to carry a valid credit card with enough funds for bond (Cash bond will not be acceptable by rental car company), also need to carry valid full driving licence (should be in clear English).
- Toll, Parking and Fuel is NOT including in the cost. For additional information related to Toll please go to www.nzta.govt.nz
- Rental car Rate Includes: GST, Unlimited Kilometers, Loss Damage Waiver (Standard Basic Insurance) and NZ Road maps
- Rental car Rate Excludes: GPS, Airport fees, Comprehensive insurance, Parking, Fuel, Fines, ferry terminal pick up fee, Ferry transfer, premium location surcharge, 24 hrs roadside assistance, Toll taxes, Snow chain and One way fees if any.
V.IMP: Please visit the below website to learn about NZ driving safety rules
- Effective 01 April 2016 Cash Deposits will no longer be accepted on the rental car.