16 CHRISTCHURCH - GLACIER REGION - WANAKA - QUEENSTOWN- MT COOK - CHRISTCHURCH
9 days 8 nights
CHRISTCHURCH - GLACIER REGION - WANAKA - QUEENSTOWN- MT COOK – CHRISTCHURCH
(9 DAYS / 8 NIGHTS)
Day 1 - Arrive Christchurch
‘The Garden City’, welcomes you to New Zealand's South Island. Bordered by hills and the Pacific Ocean, it is situated on the edge of the Canterbury Plains that stretch to the Southern Alps. Christchurch is an entertaining mixture of refined lifestyle and cultural excitement.
Personal chauffer will welcome you and will drive you to the hotel. Self-drive clients will collect their rental car from the airport to drive to your hotel.
Day 2 - Christchurch - Glacier Region
After Breakfast, Depart Christchurch travel over Canterbury plains and ascend through lush beech forest and alpine village of Arthur’s pass to reach Greymouth. Travel south along the rugged West Coast to arrive at the glacier region of Franz Josef and Fox Glaciers. (B)
Day 3 - Glacier Region
A full day at leisure to explore this magnificent glacier region-beautiful wetlands, beaches, grasslands, lakes, mountains and forests will take your heart away. The most accessible rivers of ice in the world, plunging down through rainforest almost to sea level. Optional activities include a scenic flight or guided walk on one of the glaciers. Optional activities not included in the tour price. Entry to the Glacier Hot Pools is included. (B)
Day 4 - Glacier Region - Wanaka
Travel down the West Coast past spectacular mountain ranges, native forests and lakes to the Haast Pass, gateway to the World Heritage Westland National Park. Continue around the shores of Lake Hawea to arrive in Wanaka early afternoon. Wine tasting and viewing classic warplanes are popular adventures offered in Wanaka(not included) (B)
Day 5 - Wanaka - Queenstown
This morning Get your heads messed up with bizarre buildings, rooms of illusion and the world-famous Great Maze at Puzzling World (included) before you depart Wanaka. Lake Wanaka, New Zealand is a beautiful year-round destination, set against the alpine backdrop of Mount Aspiring National Park. As you enter the Kawarau Gorge, stop for an included visit at Goldfields Mining Centre and an introduction to the history of gold mining in the Otago Region. Continue to Queenstown at your leisure. (B)
Day 6 - Queenstown
Queenstown is a major centre for snow sports I n New Zealand. It's the place to source almost any kind of adventure, including bungy, jet boating, horse trekking, rafting and river surfing. It's also a destination for luxury experiences—gourmet food and wine, spa treatments and leisurely games of golf. Optional activities not included in the tour price.
Day 7 - Queenstown - Mt Cook
Travel south through Central Otago to Twizel in the morning drive through ruggedly beautiful landscape and over the Lindis Pass into the Mackenzie Country, before travelling around Lake Pukaki and into Mt Cook National Park. Optional activities at Mt Cook include scenic flights, a glacier boat ride and the Sir Edmund Hillary Centre. (Optional tours not included in the tour price) (B)
Day 8 - Mt Cook - Christchurch
Depart Mt Cook and stop on the shores of Lake Tekapo to visit the ‘Church of the Good Shepherd’. While traveling through the rugged high country landscape of the Mackenzie Basin continue across the fertile Canterbury Plains to arrive in Christchurch. (B)
Day 9 – Departure Day
After breakfast it’s time to say Good bye to New Zealand. SIC customers will be transferred to airport in a shared vehicle. Self-drive customers will travel their rental car, drop the car at airport branch and board your flight for onward journey (flight not included)!
Package: Based on per person:-
** Above mentioned hotels will be either same or similar.
** Package is based on 02 pax travelling together on the same flight.
** Child cost / seat is NOT included in the package.
** Package is Valid for travel between 1st Oct 2017 and 31st Mar 2018.
** Package is NOT valid for New Year, Chinese New Year, Ski season, any special events in New Zealand; there will be additional surcharge applicable on the top of the package.
** Package may not be applicable if hotel require minimum number of nights for certain days (Especially for the events & New Year period).
** On Self-drive option: Clients will pick up the car on arrival from the airport, hence there will be NO assistance available.
- Optional tours / activities are not included in the package (will be on additional cost).
- Self Drive: Rental car pick up & drop off time is calculated on the basis of 24 hrs, in case of delays one day extra rental will be charged.
- Rental vehicles not drive or take the vehicle on the following roads:
(a) Ball Hutt (Mt Cook);
(b) Skippers (Queenstown);
(c) 90 mile beach (Northland)
- Hotels mentioned in the itinerary are indicative they will be subject availability at the time of booking. Same or similar hotels will be provided.
- Changes to itinerary and number of persons will require a revised quote.
- Package is NOT valid during any special event in NZ.
- Package is valid for mentioned dates only, hotels and activities will be subject to availability at the time of booking.
Rental car / Self drive:
- Client will be required to present his/her driver’s license (Indian) with driver’s photograph, Age clearly mentioned and it must be in English to the rental car company in order to claim the vehicle.
- Driver must carry a valid Credit card with enough funds(almost NZ$4,000) to pay a security bond at the time of collecting the vehicle without a valid Credit card a car can-not be hired and no refunds will be made for cancellation.
- On self drive: clients will need to carry a valid credit card with enough funds for bond (Cash bond will not be acceptable by rental car company), also need to carry valid full driving licence (should be in clear English).
- Toll, Parking and Fuel is NOT including in the cost. For additional information related to Toll please go to www.nzta.govt.nz
- Rental car Rate Includes: GST, Unlimited Kilometers, Loss Damage Waiver (Standard Basic Insurance) and NZ Road maps
- Rental car Rate Excludes: GPS, Airport fees, Comprehensive insurance, Parking, Fuel, Fines, ferry terminal pick up fee, Ferry transfer, premium location surcharge, 24 hrs roadside assistance, Toll taxes, Snow chain and One way fees if any.
V.IMP: Please visit the below website to learn about NZ driving safety rules
- Effective 01 April 2016 Cash Deposits will no longer be accepted on the rental car.