3 AUCKLAND - ROTORUA - CHRISTCHURCH - DUNEDIN- QUEENSTOWN - GLACIER REGION - CHRISTCHURCH
13 days 12 nights
AUCKLAND - ROTORUA - CHRISTCHURCH - DUNEDIN- QUEENSTOWN - GLACIER REGION – CHRISTCHURCH
(13 DAYS / 12 NIGHTS)
Day 1: Arrive Auckland
Welcome to ‘The City of Sails’, a land of immense and diverse landscape. Upon arrival in Auckland you will be met and greeted by our representative in the arrival hall and transferred to your hotel in a private car / Self-drive clients will pick up the rental car from the airport and drive to your hotel.
Day 2: Auckland
Today see firsthand why Auckland is regarded as one of the best cities in the world to live in, as you enjoy this half day tour around the central city and picturesque suburbs. Journey begins with a short trip over the Harbour Bridge to the North Shore before returning to the central city to visit Queen St and the Auckland Viaduct. You will then drive along the scenic waterfront route of Tamaki Drive to the Michael Joseph Savage Memorial Park, in Mission Bay. A memorial to the first Labour Prime Minister of New Zealand and the founder of the welfare state. Michael Joseph Savage Memorial Park has panoramic views over Whenua Rangatira, Auckland city and Waitemata Harbour. This park is a popular wedding and tourist venue, with formal gardens and perfect venue for flying a fabulous array of colourful and creative kites. Then return to downtown Auckland. Highlights: Harbour Bridge, Viaduct Harbour, Queen Street, Auckland Domain, Tamaki Drive, Michael Savage Memorial.
[Activities /Entry / Admission fees are not included unless specified] (B)
Visit Sky tower in the evening (Entrance cost included).
Day 3 - Auckland - Waitomo - Rotorua
After breakfast at Hotel’s restaurant you will travel across the rich Waikato farmland for Waitomo. In your way, you can visit world famous Hobbiton Movie Set. The Waitomo Caves region is famous for its subterranean splendour. Beneath the surface of this ancient limestone region is a series of vast cave systems decorated with stalactites, stalagmites and glow-worms. Enjoy a guided tour of the Waitomo Caves (entry & guided tour with boat ride is included) and a boat ride through the famous Glow-Worm grotto. Enjoy twinkling lights emitting from the ceiling like stars in a dark night. Later travel across to forest Mamaku Range to arrive at the thermal resort of Rotorua. Your journey to Rotorua will take you through a mixture of farmland, lakeland and forest (B)
Day 4 - Rotorua
After breakfast at Hotel’s restaurant, today proceed to AGRODOME to witness the Agrodome Agricultural Show, where you will be entertained by New Zealand's performing sheep and other attractions. Later proceed to visit TE-PUIA thermal village known for its hot springs, geysers and boiling mud pools. Watch the Maori craftsmen and learn about the traditional arts of carving and weaving and RAINBOW SPRINGS to see the flora and fauna of New Zealand.
This evening enjoy an authentic Maori Hangi (feast) and Concert. (B, D)
Day 5 - Rotorua - Christchurch
Depart on your domestic flight from Rotorua to Christchurch (airfare is NOT included). (B)
Day 6 - Christchurch - Dunedin
Today morning travel across the Canterbury Plains to Ashburton, later follow the coastal road to the port city of Timaru. Continue southward to historic Oamaru with its impressive stone buildings. The singular beauty of Kakanui, Waikouati and Karitane will leave you speechless as you pass these breath-taking white sand beaches. Arrive into the Scottish influence city of Dunedin. Rest of the day is free. Explore the city centre - “Octagon (B)
Day 7- Dunedin
After Breakfast, a day free for optional activities.
Dunedin is a great place to surf, with consistent breaks across multiple pristine beaches. Hiking and mountain biking are also popular here; a range of interesting tracks wind through the pristine landscapes.
Day 8- Dunedin – Queenstown
Today morning you will be transferred to the train station to board the historic Taieri Gorge train to Pukerangi, built from 1879-1891 the track moves along the gorge plunging into a series of tunnels, crossing magnificent stone and wrought iron viaducts and bridges. There is no better way to explore the beautiful Dunedin and Otago countryside than from the comfort of a train. You will find opportunities to capture the beauty in your camera. Gasp at the sheer drops to the river below! Disembark at Pukerangi and continue to Queenstown.
Day 9 - Milford Sound Day
The road to Milford is one of New Zealand's most scenic drives. After breakfast, head towards MILFORD SOUND CRUISE (included). This famous cruise gives you an opportunity to see MITRE PEAK which is just out of the water and mile high. Go exploring with a nature guide in the tender vessels and kayaks. You may see fur seals lazing on the rocks and lots of sea birds and numerous waterfalls. Enjoy beautiful landscape with its towering mountain peaks, gushing waterfalls, ink-dark water and sheer cliffs covered in lush native rainforest. Return to Queenstown
Day 10 - Queenstown
Queenstown is a major centre for snow sports in New Zealand. You have a free day to explore the endless optional attractions available. Queenstown offers Bungy jumping, jet boating, white water rafting, gondola rides and much more. Optional activities not included in the tour price. (B)
Day 11 - Queenstown - Glacier Region
Departing Queenstown this morning, See the majestic Southern Alps, picturesque lakes and rivers and the wild beauty of the West Coast on this beautiful trip from Queenstown to Fox Glacier. Travel along the shores of Lakes Wanaka and Hawea to the Haast Pass, gateway to World Heritage Westland National Park. Continue up the West Coast past spectacular mountain ranges, native forests and lakes to the glacier region of Franz Josef and Fox Glaciers. For self-drive clients, entry to the Glacier Hot Pools is included’ (B)
Day 12 - Glacier Region - Christchurch
Travel north to Greymouth today and board the Tranz Alpine train (seat in coach passengers only). Ascend through lush beech forests past the alpine village of Arthur's Pass before crossing the spectacular Southern Alps. Enjoy thrilling vistas over deep gorges as you travel along the ice-fed Waimakariri River before entering fertile farmlands of the Canterbury Plains as you arrive into Christchurch.(B)
Day 13 – Departure Day-
After breakfast it’s time to say Good bye to New Zealand. SIC customers will be transferred to airport in a shared vehicle. Self-drive customers will travel their rental car, drop the car at airport branch and board your flight for onward journey (flight not included)!
Package: Based on per person:-
** Above mentioned hotels will be either same or similar.
** Package is based on 02 pax travelling together on the same flight.
** Child cost / seat is NOT included in the package.
** Package is Valid for travel between 1st Oct 2017 and 31st Mar 2018.
** Package is NOT valid for New Year, Chinese New Year, Ski season, any special events in New Zealand; there will be additional surcharge applicable on the top of the package.
** Package may not be applicable if hotel require minimum number of nights for certain days (Especially for the events & New Year period).
** On Self-drive option: Clients will pick up the car on arrival from the airport, hence there will be NO assistance available.
- Optional tours / activities are not included in the package (will be on additional cost).
- Self Drive: Rental car pick up & drop off time is calculated on the basis of 24 hrs, in case of delays one day extra rental will be charged.
- Rental vehicles not drive or take the vehicle on the following roads:
(a) Ball Hutt (Mt Cook);
(b) Skippers (Queenstown);
(c) 90 mile beach (Northland)
- Hotels mentioned in the itinerary are indicative they will be subject availability at the time of booking. Same or similar hotels will be provided.
- Changes to itinerary and number of persons will require a revised quote.
- Package is NOT valid during any special event in NZ.
- Package is valid for mentioned dates only, hotels and activities will be subject to availability at the time of booking.
Rental car / Self drive:
- Client will be required to present his/her driver’s license (Indian) with driver’s photograph, Age clearly mentioned and it must be in English to the rental car company in order to claim the vehicle.
- Driver must carry a valid Credit card with enough funds(almost NZ$4,000) to pay a security bond at the time of collecting the vehicle without a valid Credit card a car can-not be hired and no refunds will be made for cancellation.
- On self drive: clients will need to carry a valid credit card with enough funds for bond (Cash bond will not be acceptable by rental car company), also need to carry valid full driving licence (should be in clear English).
- Toll, Parking and Fuel is NOT including in the cost. For additional information related to Toll please go to www.nzta.govt.nz
- Rental car Rate Includes: GST, Unlimited Kilometers, Loss Damage Waiver (Standard Basic Insurance) and NZ Road maps
- Rental car Rate Excludes: GPS, Airport fees, Comprehensive insurance, Parking, Fuel, Fines, ferry terminal pick up fee, Ferry transfer, premium location surcharge, 24 hrs roadside assistance, Toll taxes, Snow chain and One way fees if any.
V.IMP: Please visit the below website to learn about NZ driving safety rules
- Effective 01 April 2016 Cash Deposits will no longer be accepted on the rental car.